Date:      Mon, 03 Mar 2014 11:13:21 -0500
From:      "R. Scott Evans" <freebsd-questions@rsle.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mouse not working in KDE after upgrading to FreeBSD 10.0

On 01/27/14 06:30, Jerry wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Jan 2014 18:43:38 -0800, Jack L. stated:
>
>> Try reinstalling hal and the xf86-input-mouse driver and see if that
>> solves it.
>
> I re-installed both and then rebooted the system and now all is well. I
> am not sure if re-installing either one by itself would have alleviated
> the problem; however, since doing both only consumed a few minutes, it
> is not worth investigating any further.
>
> I would be interested in knowing if anyone else had this problem. If
> so, perhaps creating a note for it somewhere might be a good idea.

I realize this thread is over a month old now, but I just had the same
problem on 9.2-RELEASE after updating KDE.  Actually I updated KDE a
week or two ago (with many other problems - namely kde-workspace and
openGLES), but only rebooted my box today to find that I had this
problem.  After verifying my hald was still running and restarting it
made no change I decided to (only) reinstall the xf86-input-mouse port
and it started working again.

-scott