Date:      Thu, 20 Nov 1997 14:14:53 -0500
From:      Ken Key <key@cs.utk.edu>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Cc:        key@cs.utk.edu
Subject:   boot floppies for 2.2.5-STABLE that speak PCMCIA?

Hi Folks,

   I've been running v2.2.2-PAO on a ThinkPad 560 w/ LinkSys EC2T.
Per the comments of Nate Williams the past few weeks, it sounds like
I want to run v2.2.5-STABLE (is that the same as the 2.2-YYMMDD-SNAP?) to
get support for my Sony PRD-650WM Diskman (SCSI CD-ROM with rebadged
Adaptec 1460) to work.  When I pull the 971119 2.2 and 3.0 SNAP boot
floppies, the installation procedure doesn't enable the LinkSys ed device,
which makes it rather difficult to install over the net.  Are there
different boot floppy images I should be using for a laptop PCMCIA network
install?  I'm an old BSD hand but new to FreeBSD and it's installation
procedures.

Alternatively, does anyone have the Sony PRD650-WM working with PAO that
could send me their working pccard.conf and kernel config?  I can see the
AIC, I just can't see the CD-ROM drive on the SCSI bus.  Trying to mount
/dev/cd0c wins me a "cd9660: /dev/cd0c on /mnt: Device not configured"
even though the aic0 is see and the cd0 device is in the kernel.  If
this is not the  appropriate list to ask PAO questions, please point me
in the right direction.

Thanks for any clues,
K^2  (key@cs.utk.edu)