Date:      Mon, 15 Mar 1999 09:19:20 +0800
From:      Stephen Hocking-Senior Programmer PGS Tensor Perth <shocking@prth.pgs.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Cc:        shocking@bandicoot.prth.tensor.pgs.com
Subject:   Re: bmake/contrib framework for egcs

>> BTW, do you plan to include egcs' g77 as well?

>Current, the g77 driver is built.  But the f771 isn't.  From previous
>talk, I've gotten the impression g77 should be a port vs. in the base
>system.  I'm Ok either way -- I leave the decision to the lists and Core.
>- --
>- -- David    (obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)

I think the building of the fortran compiler should be controlled through some
variable in /etc/make.conf - BUILD_G77 or something like that, the same way
you can elect to build profiled libs et cetera. It'd be a pain in the rear
artificially ripping out source and including it in another tarball.

	Stephen
--
  The views expressed above are not those of PGS Tensor.

"People often think of research as a form of development -- that it's about
doing exactly what you planned, doing it on time, and doing it with resources
that you said you'd use.  But if you're going to do that, you have to know what
you are doing, and if you know what you are doing, it isn't really research."
                --Dave Liddle, The New Yorker, Feb. 23/Mar.2, 1998, p 84