Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2000 19:51:46 +0000
From:      rob <europax@home.com>
To:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Confused over myriad Netscapes

I installed the Linux-communicator-4.72.  It worked fine.  Then I
installed plugger and the shockwave plugin off of the 4.0 CDroms.  Now I
have 2 versions of Netscape on my system, and the plugger and shockwave
do not work with either of them.

There are myriad versions of Netscape on the distribution.  I assumed
that I would have to stick with the Linux-communicator version, since
Shockwave would not be available in source-code, and since I use it for
mail.  But with the Linux-communicator I get messages saying "invalid
elf header" when I click on a shockwave site.

Can anyone advise me on how to get a communicator working with plugins?
Although I could care less about Shockwave content, lots of music sites
won't load without it.

Thanks,  Rob.