Date:      Mon, 8 Oct 2001 18:41:57 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
To:        Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: conf/31134: /etc/rc doesn't allow you to specify a different sendmail daemon

Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org> wrote:

> > The sendmail.cf thing might be a real issue, but I've never seen any harm
> > in just leaving it there, and I've never actually removed it :)
>
> I'm confused as to why it'd be an issue to remove the sendmail.cf, but
> I'll have to take your word on it: sendmail hasn't been in my repretoir
> for quite some time.  <:~)  Thanks.  -sc

Ideally you would be able to just remove the file, but that would
require changes in rc.conf like:

    sendmail_require_cf="YES"

and code in /etc/rc that only checks for sendmail.cf if the variable
sendmail_require_cf is set to YES.  On the other hand, if it really
bugs you to have /etc/mail/sendmail.cf you can create it as an empty
file, and let /etc/rc fall through the existing check.

-giorgos