Date:      Sat, 7 Feb 2004 11:39:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      Deling Ren <lg+freebsd@home.homeunix.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can not "make clean" etc.

Hi all, I am experiencing a nasty problem: I can not "make clean" or "make
update" etc under /usr/port. In most of the ports, I can not even "make
install". They all yield a common error:

Missing }.

This problem also exists when I tried to compile the kernel by running
"config" and "make depend". But I have no problem with "make buildkernel
KERNCONF=...".

I even tried to cvsup to the lastest port, didn't help. I suspect a
makefile that is commonly used is corrupted. Can anyone give a a clue
where to find it? It's 5.2 RC1.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards,
Deling