Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 2004 02:58:34 +0100 (BST)
From:      =?iso-8859-1?q?Tadimeti=20Keshav?= <keshav_tadimeti@yahoo.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-firewire@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   improper mounting of firewire hard disk crashes system

Hi all,
I tried to mount my Firewire Hard disk; but this was
taking a long time, I killed off KDE
(CTRL+ALT+BACK_SPACE), and from root prompt rebooted
the machine.
Then:
fsck -Bv /
fsck -Bv /usr
fsck -Bv /tmp
fsck -Bv /var
fsck -Bv /home
Then I tried to mount the firewire hard disk.
When I do this, I got a series of characters printed
on terminal, and a message that the computer will be
reeboted in 15 seconds.

What went wrong and how can I begin to use my firewire
disk? I am not able to post the output cos, I don't
know how.
Thanks in advance
Tk