Date:      Fri, 16 May 2003 10:48:04 +0300
From:      Toni Viemero <toni.viemero@iki.fi>
To:        Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ServeRAID driver now in the tree

Scott Long wrote:

> At long last, there is support for the IBM ServeRAID line of SCSI RAID
> controllers.  The 'ips' driver can be loaded as a module or compiled
> into the kernel as noted in /sys/i386/conf/NOTES.  I've only tested
> this driver with a 4L model and only on ia32 (SMP), so more testing is
> welcomed and encouraged.

Does the current.freebsd.org iso images/kernel provide this driver?
All our machines have only ServeRAID disks, so installing into another
disk and compiling custom kernel is not an option.
I'm eager to test this baby out.

--
Toni Viemerö  |  http://selfdestruct.net
"When life hands you a lemon, say, 'Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else