Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:22:18 -0000
From:      "Jason Mann" <jmann@blueyonder.co.uk>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: SCM Microsystems Inc. eUSB SmartMedia Adapter

I have exactly the same problem with an SCM Microsystems USB CompactFlash
reader.

It is detected as ugen0, not umass0:

ugen0: SHUTTLE SCM Micro USBAT-02 , rev 1.00/0.05, addr 3

I have all the required drivers in my kernel, and I have also tried removing
ugen from the kernel, but this results in the device not being detected at
all.

Haven't yet found a solution to the problem, but I'd be interested to see if
Brads issue can be worked out.

Jason