Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 1997 12:52:26 -0800
From:      "John R. Jenna" <jennaj@netonecom.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   WIN NT 4.0 & FreeBSD  can they be friends?

basic platform

Cyrix Pentium 166+
128MB EDO SIMMS RAM
Neglected to include file system formats on previous mail, sorry for the
oversight.

Cyrix P166+
128mb EDO SIMMS RAM

SCSI Quantum Fireball 2.1 gb HD NTFS format

Matrox Millennium w 8mb WRAM
NOKIA 21"
WIN NT 4.0 op sys
3 COM fast ethernet
could easily move West Dig Caviar 31600 HD to this machine for UNIX

Is this platform a good candidate for FreeBSD.  I am in a program where
it is my best interest to learn/use UNIX.

I also have a

Cyrix 150+
64mb EDO SIMMS RAM
West Dig Caviar 32100 HD
West Dig Caviar 31600 HD

3 COM fast ethernet
WIN 95
WIN 3.1
DOS xx

Is this a better candidate?  Hope not, hate that 15" Mag after using the
NOKIA for a while.

Would like to dual (triple, etc.) whichever ends up with FreeBSD.

would prefer to use the server for unix if possible.

What steps, etc.

TIA

john

jennaj@bus02.ferris.edu