Date:      Fri, 26 Jan 1996 13:09:16 +0900
From:      hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        jkh@freefall.freebsd.org, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA stuff.

In article <20207.822595532@time.cdrom.com>
jkh@time.cdrom.com writes:

>> > PCMCIA cards has its configuration information in its ROM, named "CIS"
>> > (The Card Information Structure).  You can read these parameters by
>> > using 'pccardc' command.  Type
>>
>> Yup, we tried this.  The problem is that the sio probe code also fails
>> to detech the modem, and even weakening the prbe doesn't help since it
>> appears that the modem is simply too different in its handshaking with
>> sio to work.  Once the probe is weakened, you crash elsewhere in the
>> driver.  Kind of sad since I figured by buying a US Robotics modem, I
>> was getting something pretty mainstream, but it doesn't seem to be
>> liked much by the pccard stuff. :-)

Today a member of our Mailing list replaced SIO_QDHACK with a solid
code!  I think sio code came more stable.  I'll release next patch
after we test this patch on many machines and many cards.

Current status of our work:

1. SIO_QDHACK is replaced with a solid code.

2. Some NE2000 compatible Ethernet PCMCIA cards are under pre-alpha
   testing.

3. We're asking some hardware vendors about the specification of
   PCMCIA cards and PCICs.

4. Current ATA/Flash ATA implementation has some problem about unit
   number on desktop machine with PCMCIA card slots.  I'm going to fix
   this bug.

5. (This is not about PCMCIA stuff, but necessary for Laptops)
   ports/packages works of WIDE DHCP package are done!

--
	HOSOKAWA, Tatsumi              E-mail: hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp
	  WWW homepage: http://www.mt.cs.keio.ac.jp/person/hosokawa.html