Date:      Sat, 01 Dec 2001 20:04:59 -0800
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@WorldInernet.Org.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        "Andrew R. Reiter" <arr@FreeBSD.org>, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Fatal trap 12 on kernel from sometime Nov. 30.

Alfred,

Thanks for the suggestions.  The first thing I tried was the kernel.old
but somehow I managed to have the same
problem.  It just dawned on me that I could build a Generic kernel on my
laptop burn it on a cd (don't have a floppy)
and install it on the sick machine.  That is what I did and it's happily
doing a cvsup right now that will be followed
by a make world and new kernel.

Many thanks to you, Andrew and Manfred for keeping me from drowning in a
glass of water.

ed