Date:      Mon, 11 Jun 2001 09:03:08 -0600
From:      Chris Moline <ugly-daemon@home.com>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kernel documentation

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 09:04:42AM +0200, Brad Knowles wrote:
> 	Anyway, there's really no substitute for doing.  Read the various
> HOWTOs, the FAQs, the man pages, all the other documentation you can
> get your hands on, and then get your hands dirty by starting to muck
> around with the code on some machine you can find where you are able
> to do some experimentation.
How long did it take you to learn the internals?? How experienced in technical
stuff were you when you started?? The reason I ask is that lately I have just
become so frustrated with my "lack of progress". When I take into account
that I got my first computer just over a year ago and that in that time I have
learned freebsd, c, ruby, and a whole shitload of other stuff I feel a little
bit better but grrr it seems like all I am doing is spinning my wheels and not
going anywhere. *sigh*. I will learn it all eventually, maybe in seven or ten
years.

Sincerly,
Chris Moline