Date:      Mon, 11 Oct 1999 17:06:43 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        sa-list@avantgo.com, dg@root.com, FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP + fxp0 wierdness

>> So if this problem is NOT related to specific hardware, how can we get
>> the driver fixed?
>
>Talk to the maintainer (David).  We've offered him cores and kernels
>before.  Alternatively, you'll need to experiment with your setup to
>determine what characterises the failures and help David out with more
>data.

   Hotmail has troubleshooted the problem down to the NCR controller. It
appears that the problem only occurs when using one of those. If they plug
in an Adaptec 2940 and use it instead of the onboard NCR then the problems
disappear.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder/Principal Architect, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Creator of high-performance Internet servers - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.