Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 1999 01:24:29 -0600
From:      Michael Maxwell <drwho@xnet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCO Unix vrs. FreeBSD

On Mon, Jan 04, 1999 at 10:42:13AM -0600, Don Read wrote:
> > BTW, am I right in thinking that SCO is (partly|wholly) owned by M$?
>
> IIRC Microsoft had a small portion of stock < 2% way back when, don't know
> what now.
>
> > and that SCO Unix was originally M$'s Xenix?
>
> True.
---end quoted text---

I have some old (really old) installation disks for Xenix here that I've
been meaning to put on an old 386 for fun, and they bear the Microsoft
copyright notice.  Also, at work, we have a couple boxes that are
USL Unix System V and ALSO bear a Microsoft copyright...

--
drwho @ xnet.com, BOFH  --   http://www.xnet.com/~drwho/
"Hey, check out this great news and email client!  It can do