Date:      Sun, 15 Aug 1999 12:03:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Byoung-Kee Yi <kee@wam.umd.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   [Q] sb pro sound card problem in R3.2

Dear all:

I upgraded my desktop to R3.2 from R2.2.7 yesterday.
(Actually I installed it from scratch)
I'm having difficulty to make my (old) SB Pro card working.
Here's my kernel config:

controller     snd0
device                 sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 5 drq 3 vector sbintr
#options                SBC_IRQ=5
#options                SBC_DMA=3
device         opl0 at isa? port 0x388 conflicts

'config' refused to recognize the 'options' lines, so I commented them
out. (This configuration worked without any problems with R2.2.7.)
Now kernel compilation went just smooth. Below is what the new kernel
told me while rebooting.

....skip....
sb0 at 0x220 irq 5 drq 3 on isa

NOTE! SB Pro support required with your soundcard!
snd0: <SoundBlaster Pro 3.2>
opl0 at 0x388 on isa
snd0: <Yamaha OPL3 FM>
....skip....

Also, I got the following from `cat /dev/sndstat`:

VoxWare Sound Driver:3.5-alpha15-970902 (Wed Aug  6 22:58:35 PDT 1997
Amancio Hasty@rah.star-gate.com)
Config options:

Installed drivers:
Type 1: OPL-2/OPL-3 FM
Type 2: SoundBlaster

Card config:
SoundBlaster at 0x220 irq 5 drq 3
OPL-2/OPL-3 FM at 0x388 irq 1

Audio devices:
0: SoundBlaster Pro 3.2

Synth devices:
0: Yamaha OPL-3

Midi devices:
0: SoundBlaster

Timers:
0: System clock

Mixers:

I don't know why there are no entries for mixers.
And I tried 'mpg123' and got the following console messages:

Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?
Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?
Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?
Sound: DMA (output) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?

Does anybody have any idea what's wrong?

Cheers!

-- Kee

PS: Since I'm not on this list, cc your response to
kee@wam.umd.edu please.