Date:      Fri, 22 Jan 1999 03:30:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom Hukins <tom@eborcom.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/9608: Linux Communicator 4.5

The following reply was made to PR ports/9608; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Tom Hukins <tom@eborcom.com>
To: jcwells@u.washington.edu
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:26:25 +0000

 Given the recent "linux version of netscape" thread on
 freebsd-ports, I think it might be better to re-submit this port as
 an upgrade to linux-netscape4, rather than a new port in its own
 right.

 Indeed, we already have 9 Netscape ports in the tree. If there's a
 good reason why this port should be separate, that's fine. If you do
 upgrade linux-netscape4, feel free to change the maintainer (it's me
 at present).

 Regards,
 Tom

 On Thu, Jan 21, 1999 at 04:05:50PM -0800, jcwells@u.washington.edu wrote:
 > sed 's/^X//' >linux-netscape45-communicator/Makefile << 'END-of-linux-netscape45-communicator/Makefile'
 > X# New ports collection makefile for:	linux-netscape-communicator-4.5
 > X# Version required:     4.5
 > X# Date created:         19 Jan 1998
 				  ^^^^
 Shouldn't this be 1999, not 1998?