Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 2014 15:27:53 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Walter Hurry <walterhurry@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bad file descriptor

FreeBSD 9.2-RELEASE

I have a handful of files in a subdirectory of /usr/ports/multimedia/
gstreamer/work, which show up as 'Bad file descriptor'. It appears that I
am unable to delete them.

/usr/ports is on my root partition/slice, which is ufs with journalling.

On rebooting, it says the partition/slice is clean, so checking is
skipped.

I gather that the way to fix this is to run fsck with the -f option. Is
this correct? If so, how do I get / unmounted? Or is there a way to force
a check on reboot before mounting?