Date:      Sat, 3 Oct 1998 15:48:02 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "James D. Butt" <jbutt@mwci.net>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Frank Pawlak <fpawlak@execpc.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Device Drivers for Linux and Intel's annoucement

> > > http://www.microsoft.com/backstage/column_T2_1.htm
> >
> > I hit the URL and got nothing.  Are you sure that it is correct?   Would
> > be interested in reading tha artticle.
>
> It's correct; the article describes a fairly boring load balancing
> scheme.  Try http://www.coyotepoint.com/ for an alternative.

I think that you missed the point that I am not sure I made..

They were talking about crashes and downtime.. Under a controlled
enviroment they are not able to keep their own servers running..

I have no problem doing as much up time as I want we have had BSD based
boxes with well over a year of uptime.

This is the OS developer they should be able to make their servers not
crash if they expect customers to do it.

  James D. Butt 'J.D.'
  Network Engineer                                   Voice 319-557-8463
  Network Operations Center                          Fax   319-557-9771
  MidWest Communications, Inc.                       Pager 319-557-6347
  241 Main St.                                          noc@mwci.net
  Dubuque, IA  52001                                   jbutt@mwci.net