Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 1996 18:20:17 +0000 ()
From:      Sergio de Almeida lenzi <lenzi@bsi.com.br>
To:        Lih-Sin The <lihsin@astro.phys.clemson.edu>
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: need help on freebsd installation

Hello, I have some trouble too in installing from a cdrom (mitsumi)
the problem was in the cdrom circuitry (it reads bad data and does not
report to the sofware). I fixed the driver, and installed OK.

I didn't underestand,is your cdrom is scsi or IDE? I have troubles with IDE
cdroms too. Some brands work some not. I have an IDE CDrom that works ok
on an SOYO Mother-board or on a compaq machine but does not works on an asian
made MB.

Hope this will help.