Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 1996 14:00:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chane Fullmer <chane@cse.ucsc.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        arul@cse.ucsc.edu (Arul Ananthanarayanan)
Subject:   FreeBSD and 3c589c on winbook FX fails..

Hi..

We have recently purchased 2 winbook FXs and areusing 3COM 3c589c PCMCIA cards..

We have two rather serious problems..

1) The boot disk for FreeBSD (version 2.2a) does not
   find the card..and when we config to only find that card we do not
   even get the device not found message...
   (We have reconfigured the card to use 0x300 and irq 10)

2) FIPS does not recognize the Win95 file system (shows as type 0xB)
   and won't do the repartition...we have tried doing the -omb switch
   to no avial.. :(

Anyone have a clue as to how to proceed here??

Is the #c589c card from a bug?? or have we missed setting something up??

--thanks
 --chane@cse.ucsc.edu