Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 2014 11:32:38 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-2?Q?Edward_Tomasz_Napiera=B3a?= <trasz@FreeBSD.org>
To:        John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net>
Cc:        Bryan Venteicher <bryanv@freebsd.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: recovering from or increasing timeouts on virtio block device

Wiadomo=B6=E6 napisana przez John Nielsen w dniu 17 lut 2014, o godz. =
21:21:
> I run several FreeBSD virtual machines in a Linux KVM environment with =
a SAN. The VMs use virtio block storage, and the KVM hosts map the =
virtual volumes to targets on the SAN. Occasionally, failover or other =
maintenance events on the SAN cause it to be unavailable for 30+ =
seconds. When this happens, the FreeBSD VMs have hard failures on the =
vtbd* devices, and thereafter any attempted reads or writes return =
immediately with an error (even after the SAN is responsive again). The =
only way to recover a VM once that happens is to hard boot it.
>=20
> Is there any way to adjust the timeouts or enable some kind of retry =
for the virtio block devices? It would be nice to be able to recover =
gracefully after a SAN event without needing to reboot the VMs.

Use gmountver(8) perhaps?

--=20
If you cut off my head, what would I say?  Me and my head, or me and my =
body?