Date:      Sat, 3 Apr 1999 00:54:28 +0100 (IST)
From:      Andy Doran <ad@psn.ie>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Any reason not to enable panic dumps earlier?

> I'm just looking at a panic I'm getting early on in the boot phase.  I
> can't get a dump because no dump device is specified.  Does anybody
> see a reason why it shouldn't be done at the same time that swap is
> mounted?
Not that I'm a FreeBSD developer, but no I don't see a reason. You can do
this in the 'config' statement in kernel configuration files anyway.
'dumps on' I believe.

BTW Greg, I'll patch rawio tonight. The disklabel stuff is different for
NetBSD, although I don't know how different in userland.

Andy.