Date:      Wed, 14 May 1997 03:48:18 +0200 (MESZ)
From:      Robert Eckardt <roberte@MEP.Ruhr-Uni-Bochum.de>
To:        pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co (Pedro F. Giffuni)
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux emulation problem

It was Pedro F. Giffuni who wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm using Fbsd 2.1.1, to try a program that never ran under 2.1.7.
> http://www.zib-berlin.de/Symbolik/reduce/
> Reduce is a math system design under LISP. REDUCE's distribution
> includes this lisp. 2.2.1's emulation is much better than previous
> versions but it still doesn't run the demo version REDUCE for Linux:
>
> $ sh reduce
> file too short

May be you should try to dump a new image.
I'm running the Interactive Unix/SCO version under ibcs2 emulation
and it works (i.e. passes the test).

REDUCE 3.5, 15-Oct-93 ...

1: set_heap_size 4400000;
***** `set_heap_size' is an undefined function

2:

(May be it's a bit old :-)  but they never got the memory management
 for SysV unix right for it was ported from the DOS version.)

--
Robert Eckardt                \\ FreeBSD -- solutions for a large universe.(tm)
RobertE@MEP.Ruhr-Uni-Bochum.de \\       What do you want to boot tomorrow ?(tm)