Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:12:48 +0800
From:      "nihaopaul" <nihaopaul@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>, "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@scsiguy.com>
Subject:   Maxtor atlas 10k iv with AIC-7902 on FreeBSD

just like to start by saying thanks to everyone who helped out with the =
questions I had posted about these drives.

I picked up the phone yesterday after waiting 2 weeks for Maxtor.com to =
help support there drives and supply a working firmware revision, and =
gave Maxtor china a call, with my broken Chinese I managed to get across =
the problems with the drives, within 10 minutes I was speaking to a tech =
about the problems and he said they have a new firmware available BUT it =
wasn't tested with FreeBSD note revision: "DFV0" drive came with: "DFF0" =
and all Maxtor.com have is: "DFL0". so I had him send it over, upgraded =
the firmware and switched back to U320 mode, it booted and I was able to =
login, im running iozone up to 4gbs at the moment and the drives haven't =
hung or crashed so far, this is a HUGE improvement.

If anyone has a hard time finding revision "DFV0" for Maxtor atlas 10k =
IV drives just give me an email and I'd be happy to pass on.

special thanks to Justin.

Regards
Paul