Date:      Wed, 8 Dec 1999 17:03:28 +0800 (CST)
From:      Michael Robinson <robinson@netrinsics.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org, jomor@ahpcns.com
Subject:   Re: can IPFW & NAT co-exist with kame IPSEC?

jomor <jomor@ahpcns.com> writes:
>Does pipsecd require ppp or will it work with ethernet too? I want to use this
>with an Ethernet connected DSL router.

Pipsecd is pretty much a black box.  It opens a tun device.  Straight IP
packets go in one end, and esp packets pop out the other.  The esp packets
then go through the normal routing process until they find the other end of
the tunnel; the process is reversed, and the original IP packets pop out.

So, yes it works with ethernet (as on my coloc server, for example), and
probably any other IP interface you might come up with.

	-Michael Robinson