Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 19:55:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>
To:        Klaus Steden <klaus@compt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: upgrading from 3.3 -> 3.4 ?

klaus,

the best bet is to upgrade the source code via cvsup, and then do a make
world from the source (/usr/src).

so, if you edit the cvsup files (/usr/share/examples/cvsup) to have the
cvsup server nearest you.. check the handbook.

this should work. also, check the handbook
(http://www.freebsd.org/handbook) it has all the instructions on doing
upgrades. minor, and major.

-- jan

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Klaus Steden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What's the proper procedure for minor version upgrades? I've got a 3.3-STABLE
> machine that I would like to upgrade to 3.4-STABLE; last time I tried this, I
> royally screwed the machine up, and basically rebuilt it. I would like to
> avoid this, this time around.
>
> Can anyone offer any help?
>
> thanks,
> Klaus
>
> --
> Klaus Steden                       |
> Unix Systems Administrator         |
> Command Post Toybox                | TODO:
> http://www.compt.com/              | 1) Learn to use my new Unix account.
> klaus@compt.com                    | 2) Learn how to change this list.
> Phone: (416) 585-9995 x345         |
> Fax: (416) 979-0428                |

  email: jan[at]caustic.org   web: http://www.caustic.org/~jan
   "knowledge is power. power corrupts. study hard, be evil."