Date:      Mon, 02 Sep 2002 14:52:00 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        "Patrick O'Reilly" <bsd@perimeter.co.za>
Cc:        Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>, FreeBSD Question List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Network Communications stopped for no apparent reason?!?

Patrick O'Reilly wrote:
> From: "Warren Block" <wblock@wonkity.com>
>
>>>I have experienced something very strange today.  A server
>>>running 4.6.2 just stopped talking to the network.  I cannot
>>>find any clues as to why!
>>
>>Others have experienced this and it's been discussed on the
>>-stable mailing list.  Don't know if the cause is known or
>>there's a solution yet, though.  Look for the thread called
>>"network lockups".
>

> Warren,
>
> thanks for the pointer.  Unfortunately there was nothing in the way of a
> solution there :(
>
> Anyone else?  I am still mystified by this one.

You've snipped a considerable amount of your previous message, so if I'm
remembering wrong, forgive me.
I seem to remember that you were getting TX problems with a dc interface?
If memeroy serves, many of the cards that use the dc driver are problematic.
If you have the resources, try a different NIC.
I could be way off base on this ... I hope it's not a wild goose chase.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies