Date:      Wed, 03 Jul 2013 09:42:36 -0700
From:      Peter Grehan <grehan@freebsd.org>
To:        Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help installing bhyve guest

Hi Aryeh,

> /usr/sbin/bhyveload -m 4096 -d lts.iso lts
> Currently the only output I get is (and then it freezes):
>
> Consoles: userboot
>
> FreeBSD/amd64 User boot, Revision 1.1
> (aryeh@vcloud, Tue Jun 25 00:58:25 EDT 2013)
> \
> can't load 'kernel'

  It's failing in the user-space loader - a kernel can't be found on the
lts.iso that is being passed to it. This results in register state not
being set up correctly in the VM, so it will exit immediately (note the
RIP value of 0, and the exit code of 33, "VM-entry failure due to
invalid guest state").

  What does lts.iso look like ?

later,

Peter.