Date:      Thu, 04 Feb 1999 15:49:30 +0000
From:      Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
To:        Juriy Goloveshkin <j@avias.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, peter@FreeBSD.ORG, jdp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: rc.network->rc.firewall->natd

> Hello,
>
>      if "natd_enable" is set to "YES" in rc.conf then rc.firewall
>      loads the following rule:
>      if [ "X${natd_enable}" = X"YES" -a "X${natd_interface}" != X"" ]; then
>            $fwcmd add divert natd all from any to any via ${natd_interface}
>      fi
>      but after rc.firewall and before natd some programs in
>      rc.network require normally working network...

I think natd needs to be loaded in the network_interfaces loop in
network_pass1 in rc.network and should reside in /sbin.

Any chance of a repository copy of src/usr.sbin/natd to src/sbin/natd
(peter & jdp cc'd) ?  If it's moved, I'll shift the loading.

Cheers.

--
Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org> <brian@FreeBSD.org> <brian@OpenBSD.org>
      <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;