Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 12:09:19 -0500
From:      "Ken Menzel" <kenm@icarz.com>
To:        <cobrien@activedoc.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Bootable RAID

Hi Colin,  We use the DPT Smartraid VI,  Which BTW is now an Adaptec
something or other,  and  the raid array boots just like any normal
disk.  The RAID array appears to the kernel as a normal SCSI disk.  My
last install with 4.1.1,  I just created the array, then booted from
the CDROM and installed.  Quick and easy.
Ken
Ken Menzel  ICQ# 9325188
www.icarz.com  kenm@icarz.com