Date:      Mon, 07 Oct 2002 19:52:08 -0400
From:      Gerard Samuel <gsam@trini0.org>
To:        Tommy Forrest - KE4PYM <tforrest@shellworld.net>
Cc:        "questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Samba/USB Printer/Epson Photo Stylus 820

I just setup a usb printer over the weekend.

Make sure your kernel is compiled for it.
Here is a snip from the kernel config file ->
# USB Stuff
device          usb
device          uhci
device          ulpt

Depending on your usb chipset you may have to change uhci to ohci.

At first I tried a combo of apsfilter and LPRng, but it wasn't giving me
any love.
I started using CUPS today, and Im getting good results so far with an
HP DeskJet 640C.
I just need to get windows to print to it and Im golden...

Good Luck...

Tommy Forrest - KE4PYM wrote:

>I'm interested in setting up FreeBSD 4.x/Samba to spool/act as print
>server for a Epson Stylus Photo 820 for my other machines on the
>network.  I found the FreeBSD handbook really good at explaining how to
>do this with old-school connections (parallel/serial).  But I'm
>interested in doing this using USB.  Are there any HOW-TO's out there
>that explain how to do this??
>

>Tommy Forrest - KE4PYM -  tforrest@shellworld.net
>My two cents:
>OS/2: Bill Gates' worst nightmare!
>
>PGP Public Key Fingerprint: B9ED C46F C92E 0101  4B4C BFC1 907C A0D0

Gerard Samuel
http://www.trini0.org:81/
http://dev.trini0.org:81/