Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 1996 15:16:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      dwalton@psiint.com (Dave Walton)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and a 286?

On Tue, 20 Feb 1996, Terry Lambert wrote:

> > Hi there, I have a DEC 286 VaxMate computer, is there any way that I can run
> > FreeBSD unix on it? If not, can you suggest a flavor of UNIX that will run on
> > the 286?

> Minix (you might find an older copy of the Tannenbaum book with a disk)

Hmmm...  I may just have a set of Minix disks laying around here
somewhere.  If someone can tell me how to make disk images from them, I'd
be glad to mail the images to anyone who really needs a 286 unix.

Dave

David Walton                                     Programmer
PSI INTERNATIONAL, Inc.                          email: dwalton@psiint.com
190 South Orchard #C200                          Fax  :(707)451-6484
Vacaville, CA 95688                              Phone:(707)451-3503