Date:      21 Apr 2006 16:11:00 +0000
From:      steve.tell@crashmail.de (Stefan 'Steve' Tell)
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   powernow0: no match for extended cpuid 780

Hi,

I tried to install FreeBSD 6.1-RC1 on my Acer Aspire 1304LC Notebook. That
notebook has a "AMD Athlon XP 1800+" CPU.

The installation process succeeded but I can't get any power management to
work. If I load cpufreq.ko I get:

    powernow0: <PowerNow! K7> on cpu0
    powernow0: ACPI MAX frequency not found
    powernow0: no match for extended cpuid 780
    device_attach: powernow0 attach returned 6

"/etc/rc.d/powerd start" brings

    powerd: lookup freq: No such file or directory

Are there any chances to get a working cpufreq-mechanism on that machine?

Here you can find the dmesg output:

 * <http://daemon.crashmail.de/~stell/paradise_dmesg.txt>;

And a complete lists of all sysctls:

 * <http://daemon.crashmail.de/~stell/paradise_sysctl.txt>;