Date:      Fri, 18 Apr 2014 19:01:59 +0200
From:      "lokadamus@gmx.de" <lokadamus@gmx.de>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>,  freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg don't recognize installed packages

On 04/18/14 18:33, Matthew Seaman wrote:
> On 18/04/2014 16:53, lokadamus@gmx.de wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> After an upgrade of portmaster and pkg both doesn't show me my installed
>> programms.
>>
>> root@FBSDhost:/var/db/pkg # portmaster -L
>> ===>>> Root ports (No dependencies, not depended on)
>> ===>>> pkg-1.2.7_2
>> ===>>> portmaster-3.17.4
>> ===>>> 2 root ports
>> ===>>> Trunk ports (No dependencies, are depended on)
>> ===>>> 0 trunk ports
>> ===>>> Branch ports (Have dependencies, are depended on)
>> ===>>> 0 branch ports
>> ===>>> Leaf ports (Have dependencies, not depended on)
>> ===>>> 0 leaf ports
>> ===>>> 2 total installed ports
>>          ===>>> There are no new versions available
>>
>> root@FBSDhost:/var/db/pkg # pkg info
>> pkg-1.2.7_2                    Package manager
>> portmaster-3.17.4              Manage your ports without external
>> databases or languages
>> root@FBSDhost:/var/db/pkg #
>>
>> What can i do to see which software like firefox, thunderbird, xorg is
>> installed?
>
> You need to do two things:
>
>     1) If converting from a system that used to use pkg_tools, then one
> time only, you need to run pkg2ng to import all the packages registered
> in the old-style package database.
>
>     2) If you're on FreeBSD 9.x or earlier, and you intend to install any
> packages by compiling from ports then you need to add
>
>      WITH_PKGNG=yes
>
> to /etc/make.conf.  This is already the default in 10.x and above.  It
> only affects installing from ports, and is irrelevant if you use binary
> packages exclusively.
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	Matthew

Hi Matthew,

System is 10.0-RELEASE-p1 (clean install in january) and last week all was working fine.
In december i had trouble with /var/db/pkg/local.sqlite and had to remove it for a new one.
This time this way isn't working. It creates a new local.sqlite, but dosn't recognize
installed programs.

Is there a command that pkg will reread all installed ports?
Or can portmaster do this?

Best regards