Date:      Wed, 29 Apr 1998 10:42:02 +0800
From:      "Stephen Cooper" <stephen.cooper@alphawest.com.au>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "c5666305" <c5666305@comp.polyu.edu.hk>
Subject:   Re: laptop that run FreeBSD 2.2.5

Actually Xfree86 under FreeBSD runs well on laptops. My configuration would
be completely irrelevant to you as the configuration is based on

a) chipset
b) screen size
c) refresh rates
and several other things. Get the specs from IBM for these things and you
will know what you need.

The best advice I can offer you is to search for an XF86config file from the
various Linux (not much in FreeBSD land on this front) sites that are out
there, thats where I got my original version from when I was completely lost
on what to do.

Good luck