Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2002 19:31:27 -0500
From:      leegold <leegold@operamail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   vesa bus x driver ?

How the heck do I use a "vesa bus driver" for x-windows.
I have an old 486 w/an s3 805 video chip and it's
become a challange now to get it to run X.
I have tried everything I know and #startX always
fatally freezes my pc - no keyboard, no video,
I have to manually reboot.

It has been suggested I try the vesa driver.
I can't find any documentation anywhere on how to
implement this. Does anyone know what has to be done?

Thanks.