Date:      Sun, 27 Oct 1996 23:06:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        ponds!freefall.cdrom.com!freebsd-hackers
Subject:   panic:page fault with 2.1.5-STABLE.

I just got a page fault panic (standard trap 12 stuff) running
2.1.5-STABLE.

The strange things is this was after a reboot command.

I was rebooting because my cdrom had "gone missing".

This is a Pentium 133, PCI (Triton II), aha2940uw.

The CD-ROM had gone missing because I had opened the door
(it's a NEC 3xp, you can pop open the CD top in a Sony Diskman
kinda way.)

After I opened the top (without doing an umount of the CD-ROM),
and put another CD in the drive, all I could do was get errors.
I could no longer unmount or mount any CDs.

So, I typed "reboot" to clear this out, and whamo - got
my page fault.

I'm guessing it's some kind of problem with the aha2940 driver...

	- Dave Rivers -