Date:      Wed, 08 Nov 1995 21:05:50 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        sos@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith), hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Linux emul, QMAGIC libs

: Precisely !, Linux's ZMAGIC binaries are loaded at an offset off 1024 into
: the file (requiring a VM system with a 1024byte granularity), which
: we cannot directly handle, thus the binary is loaded into memory
: in one go (no pageing etc) to accomplish this (I'm not sure how Linux
: handles this themselves).

There is one file format that linux loads entirely into memory before
executing it.  NMAGIC sticks in my head, but it could have been
ZMAGIC.  At least this was true in the 0.99p13 time frame, I'm not
sure what it does now...

Warner