Date:      Fri, 26 Mar 1999 18:54:18 -0800
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gdb 4.17

> > A contribifed EGCS is ready to go.  See the March mail archives for the
>
> Last I looked, you had that area kind of full of test releases,
> magnifying the size several times over.  Have you cut it down yet ...
> I'm asking about how many megs is it now, it was well over 100 I think
> before, right?

Not really full of test releases, just versions 1.1.1, 1.1.2-prerelease2,
1.1.2-prerelease3, and 1.1.2 on vendor branches.  The diffs between them
aren't really that large at all.  Many files are the same in 1.1.1 and
1.1.2.

But EGCS does encompass GCC/libg++(the parts that survived the
standardization)/STL/G77(fortran)/test suites so it is much larger than
src/contrib/gcc/.  The test suites do take a large chunk of space.  I
don't know if we should commit the test suites to our tree, or not.
Regression tests are good to have, but the space.....  Also, I still have
the G77 bits in my EGCS repository until it is decided if FORTRAN lives
in the base tree, or as a port.  I don't care either way about the G77
issue, and will do as others tell me about it.

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)