Date:      Fri, 03 Jul 1998 20:57:56 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Jacques Vidrine <n@nectar.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Jolitz book cancelled?

>> Yes, it was a port of 4.3BSD Net/2 to the 80386 (called
>> 386BSD).
>
>Sure.  This is the ancestor of FreeBSD.  FreeBSD (and NetBSD) grew out
>of personality conflicts with Bill Jolitz.

   I'd say that is stretching the truth just a bit too much. You might be able
to argue that being the case with NetBSD (cgd's arguments with Bill being well
known and public), but "personality" conflicts with Bill were certainly not
what FreeBSD grew out of. In fact, we gave Bill every last chance to lead and
he chose not to, but we certainly didn't form in spite of him or due to any
argument with him.

-DG

David Greenman