Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2005 00:27:06 +0000
From:      Peter Edwards <peadar.edwards@gmail.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        ups@tree.com
Subject:   Re: Slight change of vnode<-->vm object relationship.

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 00:08:35 +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp
<phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
> In message <34cb7c84050111145415980aa2@mail.gmail.com>, Peter Edwards writes:
>
> >How about mmap() mappings after the close()? These can persist post
> >VOP_CLOSE, can't they?
>
> I belive they hold a reference to the vnode so that it is in fact
> not really closed after all, it just looks that way from userland.

As Stephan pointed out, that's looked after by VOP_INACTIVE, which
doesn't pair quite as smoothly with VOP_OPEN.

Also, the VOP_OPEN/VOP_CLOSE doesn't seem to bracket for exec() either
(there's a call to VOP_OPEN, but I can't find the matching VOP_CLOSE.
That could be just a bug, or myopia on my part)