Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2013 17:22:50 +0000
From:      "Simon L. B. Nielsen" <simon@qxnitro.org>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Dag=2DErling_Sm=C3=B8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CPE [was old perl vulnerabilitiy]

On 18 March 2013 16:01, Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav <des@des.no> wrote:
> Ryan Steinmetz <zi@FreeBSD.org> writes:
>> It does have the same issue.  I've corrected the VuXML entry and you
>> should see updated portaudit results within 30 minutes.  Your 5.8.9
>> perl-threaded installation should also show up as vulnerable to the same
>> issue.
>
> This wouldn't keep happening if we used CPEs whenever possible...

Where would you use CPE - in all packages ? I assume you are talking
about http://cpe.mitre.org/about/ ?

Part of the problem for VuXML is the trilion names for packages some
ports have, making it more painful.

In the past we also had a number of the tools which let one simpler
grep for package names, but those require infrastructure which doesn't
exist anymore.

--=20
Simon L. B. Nielsen