Date:      Thu, 23 May 2002 02:33:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Shizuka Kudo <shizukakudo_99@yahoo.com>
To:        Jay <jayed@jayed.com>, kris@obsecurity.org, sreese@codysbooks.com
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Infinite 'make' loops while building ports

--- Jay <jayed@jayed.com> wrote:
> I should also have mentioned that other ports
> install normally.  I just
> finished installing unzip.
>
> Jay

> with "unsubscribe freebsd-current" in the body of
> the message

It seems /usr/bin/make set the environment variable
MAKEFILE to the Makefile it uses. So when you type
make build or install, MAKEFILE is pointed to the
port's Makefile. Workaround for me at this moment is
to run "make build MAKEFILE=Makefile" so that
bsd.ports.mk use the correct Makefile in WRKSRC.

Is the behaviour in /usr/bin/make changed recently?