Date:      Thu, 21 May 1998 18:31:48 +0200
From:      Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>
To:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SKey and locked account

I'm currently experimenting with 2.2.6, FWTK and skey.

1) First thing I noticed is that it's possible for someone to log
   into the system, even if the account is disabled ('*' in the
   passwd field), when S/Key is enabled for that user.

   Surprise to me.

2) Also, I've tried to use the FWTK's authmgr to set Skey user auth.

   I use the authmgr's command "proto <username> <proto>" to set the user's
   auth type:

     authmgr-> proto bob skey
     changed

then I initialize the password with the seed:

     authmgr-> pass bob gw68016
     /usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_MD4Init" called from authsrv:/usr/lib/libskey.so.2.0 at 0x2002a218
                                           ^^^^

Am I missing something here ?
--
 -[ Philippe Regnauld / sysadmin / regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk / +55.4N +11.3E ]-
     «Pluto placed his bad dog at the entrance of Hades to keep the dead