Date:      Wed, 2 Jan 2002 17:04:12 +0100
From:      Julio Merino <juli@klamath.local>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Is this a MFS bug?

--P+33d92oIH25kiaB

Hi all

I've been seeing how good is mfs to speed up some things like compilations.

So I have mounted my /usr/obj with mfs from /dev/ad0s2b. Well...
Did 'make buildworld' and everything was perfect.

Gone and did 'shutdown now' as recommended, to enter single-user mode and do
the 'make installworld'. And guess it... /usr/obj unmounted. Weird!!!
I've lost 3 hours stupidly...

So, I do a 'mount', and I see _everything_ mounted, except the mfs
filesystems: /tmp and /usr/obj.

Well... so, is this a bug? I think that mfs should rest mounted until a
reboot is done...

Thanks.

--=20
La ignorancia es la felicidad.