Date:      Thu, 02 Dec 2010 22:57:02 -0600
From:      Jason Bacon <jwbacon@tds.net>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   iBook touch pad

Hi all,

I just hacked the development version of my desktop-installer script for
powerpc using an iBook G4.  After a period of testing, I'll do a
maintainer update, but in the meantime, if anyone is interested, it's
available at http://personalpages.tds.net/~jwbacon/Ports/.

I was delightfully surprised how few limitations there are with this
platform.  Installation was a little rough on the edges, but thanks to
the info on the wiki, it was easy to work around the glitches, and I now
have a seemingly stable XFCE setup.

The one thing I really lament is a functioning touch pad.  I found a
brief thread suggesting porting the netbsd driver, so I was wondering if
anyone has been working quietly on that since the post, or if there's
another solution available.

There are a few more bugs to iron out before desktop-installer will
produce a fully-functional powerpc system without intervention, but I'm
pretty confident that it won't be too difficult.

Thanks for all the hard work, and TIA for any tips on the touch pad.

    Jason

--
Jason W. Bacon