Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 00:41:50 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        Vijay Ramasubramanian <ramasubr@ews.uiuc.edu>, "Mike Grommet" <mgrommet@insolwwb.net>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installation probs w/3.0-BETA

At 03:45 PM 10/13/98 -0500, Vijay Ramasubramanian wrote:
>That was one of my suspicions due to the circumstances.  Do you (or anyone
>on the list) happen to know a good memory testing program to see if I can
>confirm this?  I don't have spare RAM at my disposal that I can swap in to
>see if it fixes things.

Don't know any good testers, but swapping memory around can help you locate
the bad SIMM/DIMM, which is probably faster than locating a test program
and running it (if it works).  Done it a few times myself.

If you only have one DIMM, like I do in one system, it's worth lowering the
timings and see if that helps.  Mine are all max'd, but then quality memory
should do that. 8-)

Anyone know how much memory an install can use up?

Jeff Mountin - Unix Systems TCP/IP networking
jeff@mountin.net