Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 1996 18:22:00 -0500
From:      Keith Barker <kbarker@tiac.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Am I Missing Something?

I'm a new FreeBSD user with a passing familiarity with unix. I'm
installing FreeBSD on a Pentium machine with plenty of RAM, SCSI HDD and
SCSI CD-ROM. I've got the Greg Lehey book on FreeBSD, and that has been
some help up until now.

My problem is that I'm trying to install XFree86 which came on the same
CD-ROM as the FreeBSD os (2.1.5). Following the instructions in the book
seems to have put all the files on the disk. However, after following
all the steps to install the software, XFree86 will not start. I've
followed the steps for an "automatic" installation, and I have also
configured XFree86 manually by following the instructions in the book,
with no results. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Keith Barker
kbarker@tiac.net