Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 1999 16:05:46 +0100 (BST)
From:      Mark Powell <M.S.Powell@salford.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Legato and Freebsd

In article <7sdhsr$9jl$1@mimas.salford.ac.uk>,
Mike Whitley  <mwhitley@borg.proceon.com> wrote:
>I have a "network edition" enabler...I've been backing up Suns
>and HPs on that Server for several years now.  I've just
>recently added the FreeBSD boxes...Have you found that the
>FreeBSD enabler is not network ready? (ie. They can only back
>themselves up to a local tape drive)  That doesn't seem to be
>what other people have posted...I've looked as far back as 1997
>postings and it seems that many people have the FreeBSD clients
>working over the net.

Could this be related to what's mentioned in:

ftp://ftp.feral.com/pub/networker/README_5_5_SERVER

We have Solaris boxes getting backed up, but do not have "ClientPak for
UNIX". We do have "ClientPak for Netware" and "ClientPak for NT" shown
from nwadmin, Menu Server, option Registration.

Mark Powell - UNIX System Administrator - Clifford Whitworth Building
A.I.S., University of Salford, Salford, Manchester, UK.
Tel: +44 161 295 5936  Fax: +44 161 295 5888  www.pgp.com for PGP key
M.S.Powell@ais.salfrd.ac.uk (spell salford correctly to reply to me)